Who did compare a G1 to G2? Aries

Hi!
Iam the happy ownwer of G1. Good sound quality. Much beter as old Femto.

Who compared actually the G1 with G2 , directly ??? Is it worth 2* the money???

THX… you reaction

Gerard

Aries or Vega ? I assume Aries ?

I corrected subject . …

1 Like

I mean A B listening comparison …

Sorry for the late post, but finally have some time off to catch up on the threads…

I first owned the Aries G1 and later upgraded to the G2 after purchasing a Vega G2. I was using a Transparent Reference USB for the Aries G1 output. After upgrading to the Aries G2 and still using the Transparent Reference USB, I noticed a slight improvement in SQ: mostly in overall noise reduction and improved detail.

I later swapped the USB Connection to several HDMI Cables and the Lightning Link. I played around with several HDMI Cables and ultimately bit the bullet and settled (as recommended by Auralic) on the Audioquest Diamond HDMI for the Aries G2 > Vega G2 connection. This was by far the best sound. Every aspect of the music improved with this connection method.

In short, the Aries G2 is slightly improved over the Aries G1. IMHO the Aries G1 offers greater value as a stand alone player; but its expanded capability to use the Lightning Link connection if you are using the Vega G2 is what sets it apart.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

My system is the following Amplifier: Luxman 507II, Dac: Luxman Da-250. Which one to choose, which one fits better G1 vs G2?
If it makes sense, I’ll buy the G2, but I don’t want to buy it unnecessarily.

As just stated if you plan on using the lighting link connection to a Vega G2 then the only choice is the Aries G2. Everything else the Aries G1.

1 Like

I guess the real answer is how much disposable cash you have. Ultimately does the extra 2k matter to you. The G2 does sound more relaxed than the G1 apparently, and this (G2) is probably the one I’m buying shortly (unless I change my mind :slight_smile: )

If you have any interest in installing an internal HD, then G2 is your only option.

The internal HDD doesn’t matter, is there a difference in the resulting sound?

Robert Daines via AURALiC | Community auralic@discoursemail.com ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 6., P, 15:07):

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :grinning:

No idea if the resulting sound is different. It’s just an option that some people feel is important.

Thanks!

Today I listened to G1 and G2. One after another in the same system. My liking for the G2 was much better. Completely different quality! Despite the same technical parameters, there are two types of presentations. Believe your ears, not the specifications. I ordered G2.

2 Likes

Contrast !!!

hopefully it will have the same effect in your system.

2 Likes

Hi, could you let us know what amplifier, DAC and speakers were used in your demo please.

amplifier: Crayon CFA-1.2
speaker: Fyne Audio F1-10
speaker cable: HIDIAMOND DIAMOND 7
USB: Nordost Heimdall 2
power cables : I don’t know, maybe: Isotek distributes this to the company where I was.

1 Like

Thanks, interesting speakers!