Vega G2 and Aries G2 some questions

Dear members,

I bought an Auralic Aries G2 and I have some questions.
1/ How do I opperate it with a remote control. I do not understand the explanation about smart IR control. I do not understand how it works.
2/ If I change my dac (Naim ndac) to Vega G2 I understand I only have to link it true a HDMI cable (lightning link). I ask because Vega G2 only has 1 optical and 1 coaxial input which is very limited for a dac. It is important to know that I will keep these 2 available when I link to Aries G2. Also the same question how do I operate the Vega G2 via remote control so that I can choose between optical and coaxial input.

My Aries G2 is my first experience with Auralic and Im amazed about the sound quality. So I am tempted to further explore within the G2 range. Also the app on IPhone is great.

I bought my Aries G2 true a dealer in Brussels, Belgium.

Kind regards,

Jean-Yves

I can’t help you with the IR remote issue as I have not explored this at all with my Aries G2, but the Vega also has AES/EBU and USB inputs (in addition to the ones you mentioned). This should give you plenty of flexibility.

My current dac has 3 optical and 3 coaxial inputs. The Vega G2 will work but it’s a close call. But how do I swith between inputs with a remote control on the Vega G2 ?

When connecting the Aries G2 to Vega G2 I only use lightning link if I understood well so my other inputs remain free ?

I found the Vega G2 manual and my questions are answered as it seems.

Can only describe it for the Altair G1. You have to learn the functions you want to use point by point. For example, you select the “Play function” on the G2 menu, then press the play button on the remote control and aim it at the IR receiver for a few seconds.
Then you confirm the input and that’s it.
I use the remote control of my amplifier. There are unused buttons for a media player on it, which I don’t have (and don’t need) thanks to the great Auralic device.

Thanks understood !

Glad you got it sorted out. It really is the strangest thing having a learning device rather than a learning remote. It took me a while to get my head around it as well. Then I had great fun dragging old remotes out of drawers and boxes all round the house trying to decide which one would do the job best.

What I am not sure about is how you would go about getting a learning remote to work with my G2 unless you teach it to operate another device first. That makes my brain hurt.

OK, @Toca67 has already explained SmartIR so I will explain the rest of your questions:

You just need Lightning Link to connect ARIES G2 and VEGA G2. If you have other sources, you can connect them to VEGA G2’s optical and coaxial input. You can program SmartIR to receive command to switch to individual input channel, it is pretty easy.