Stacking G2/GX Components

I have the Vega G2 and Leo GX coming next week to add to the Aries G2 that’s already in my system.
I am running out of room in my rack and will have to stack at least two of the units. I know this is not optimal given the vibration control footers. How much does stacking reduce their effectiveness and which two components would be best to stack and in what order?

0 Likes

Stacking G2 components

Put VEGA G2 on top of ARIES G2, leave LEO GX alone and dont stack.

0 Likes

Stacking G2 components

Thanks. Will the Aries still have effective vibration control with the extra weight?

0 Likes

The foot has been designed to be able to bear another unit on that but the performance will sure affected. The best is to put each unit on its own.

0 Likes

Consider constructing a shelving system.

Any lumberyard worth its salt would cut the wood to size and plane the edges. Get carpenter glue and a set of clamps and you’re golden. Use sandpaper (100 and then 600 grit) to get it nice and smooth. Don’t forget to finish it with two or three coats of clear coat. Sand lightly between the coats

You can go cheap with plywood, or get some eye-catching hardwoood.

If I have time later on, I’ll upload and image of a rack I made out of teak wood.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Solved it with a couple of inexpensive u shaped shelves from Amazon.

Pre-finished and ready to go. Turned them upside down and the Vega sits on it perfectly with clearance for the Aries below so that there is no weight resting on it.

1 Like

1 Like