Room Correction

ARIES G2 will have room correction, VEGA G2 does not have processing function built-in so it will not come with any of such function.

When/if it comes to Aries, will it then still be a Beta and never a Final version?

I’m planning on buying an auralic soon and room correction is a big attraction. Can you share some details of how it will work please?

My specific use will be to have the Aries as the streamer to a dac connected by USB to enable DSD128 and the other high resolution files to be passed digitally.

Will the Aries be able to do the room correction in digital format, so a modified DSD 128 (for example) gets sent to the DAC with the room correction applied, or will room correction only apply to the analog outputs?

Mike

With the Aries you do not have analog output. Only with the mini (onboarded dac) has some, but it will not provide room correction.

I imagine that everything will be converted in PCM (even DSD) to apply room correction ?

It is unfortunately that room correction will only work for PCM material. DSD is not editable which means you will need to convert them into PCM then to do the editing, which is much less favorable, I would avoid to do that.

The ARIES MINI will not have enhanced audiophile features, such as room correction, it will only come to ARIES, ARIES LE, ALTAIR, POLARIS and ARIES G1/G2.

is this feature ever coming??

Coming in version 6.0. We have completed the development of this feature but working on performance impact evaluation currently. The interface is also a challenge.

1 Like

Will the room correction ever be released for the Aries? You have been saying for at least two years that you’re working on it and that will be released in a matter of months. In the mean while you released a new model line.
Please do be transparent so that one can move on and search for alternatives.
Thank you

Coming in October. I am very excited about this feature after tested it out in our Beijing office last Friday, stay tuned.

Hi Xuanqian,

Supposedly Trinnov is the best room correction system and easily beats Dirac, ARC and others. Especially in multi-speaker home theatre but also in stereo. At least according to reviews available on the web.

How would you classify your room correction system built into the Aries G2?

Moreover, I am thinking about combining your Auralic Leo GX plus Vega G2 with a Trinnov Altitude32 (the recently released Altitude16 seems to have no support for hooking up an external DAC). Any thoughts on this?

Finally, any news on the feature set and release date of the Sirius G2?

Thanks,
Marcel

Hello Xuanqian,

You have said the Room Correction will be introduced in October, have you a date early October or towards the end of October?

Thanks
Nay.

any update on this feature?

waiting waiting…:slight_smile:

We are still working on this. The function is complicated and related to several things like zone play. A lot of testing that need to be done before 1st beta coming out.

Are you going to deviate from an October release?

so complicated that it can’t be released in year and a half?
It was promised for last fall, this is getting ridiculous :slight_smile:

If you guys can’t release something, don’t even bother saying that you are releasing it soon

We paid serious cash for Auralic devices, and deserve at least to know when something is going to be released or not.

I guess we should be starting checking out Roon, I am definitely not waiting 1 more year for you guys to change software that did not really change that much for years

Roon is definitely worth checking out regardless. You can do some DSP, but I bet the AURALiC implementation with have less negative impact on the sound.

And, I’d rather have AURALiC spend extra time and get it right than put up with bugs from premature release.

extra time is fine, but over a year… really…

We are still targe at this month but will probably working on 5.6 firmware first.