Now Playing -- what's on tap in your musical world?

So I thought we might do with a thread about current listening! What’s excited you lately? Which old favorites have happily come back around in your listening space? Discovering new music and sharing favorites is such an enjoyable part of hi-fi after all. So what’s Now Playing on your rig?

For my part, I finally discovered John Lurie and The Lounge Lizards just this week! I know that’s a little late to the party, but hey… Funny thing is that Lurie’s Marvin Pontiac album has long been a favorite! I knew the name of who was behind it, but somehow never looked into John Lurie as himself, not to mention his brother and the rest of the shifting Lizards gang.

And for a final twist, I was only inspired to look him up on TIDAL (did the LL really only have 4 studio albums in all that time?) when some friends cued up Fishing with John after a recent dinner at their house. When you include that hilarious little project I feel like I definitely discovered two inspired threads of artistic awesomeness at once!

1 Like

Currently running frequently:
Warhaus - Warhaus
Aurora - All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend
Ghostpoet - Dark days + canapés

If you like it harder:
Glassjaw - Material control

Classics rediscovered these days:
Anthrax - Among The Living
Tori Amos song: Famous Blue Raincoat (Cohen cover) - reference track for dynamics…

0 Likes

Well thanks Theandymanrocks, that was a fun way to wrap up the week! Most of those artists were new to me. I particularly liked the Aurora album – great voice, heartfelt songwriting, and an interesting story…

Is the female vocalist on the Warhaus albums his old bandmate from Balthazar?

0 Likes

Hello,

Currently playing

E.S.T. - Live in Hamburg - Jazz

:heart_eyes: Very Good

1 Like

Great voice .

1 Like

Asaf AVIDAN

Thanks for the discovery of this artist. I already have put the CD in my music library.

0 Likes

Cool harpist.

1 Like

Hello,

Pavlov’s Dog / Pampered Menial / Rock-Pop

A very special voice…

1 Like

Special voice contest

1 Like

Found all the albums on Qobuz. Excellent, what a voice…

0 Likes

Doc & Dawg / Folk - Country

The version of the song Summertime is absolutly fabulous…

1 Like

African style Summertime.

1 Like

Version qobuz

0 Likes

Oui merci pour l’info, j’avais trouvé l’album et l’écoute est en cours, par contre l’album JAZZ A SAINT GERMAIN, niet…

0 Likes

NES AHLAM

just beautiful…

2 Likes

I can’t remember any wrong ACT recording.;;:grinning:

1 Like

A must have album for all Jazz Lovers

1 Like

Classical music : Bestion de Camboulas is simply splendid , all his recordings with « ensemble les surprises » are awesome, and this one is outstanding.

1 Like

It is funny, I am listening to this album while typing to reply your post! :grinning:

2 Likes

Boris BLANK - Electrified
For those who would like to test their loudspeakers…

2 Likes