Now Playing - JAZZ Music - What’s on Tap in your Music World

Beginning this new chapter in BERLIN…with Mo’ Blow

1 Like

Two brothers Wasserfuhr (Trumpet / Flügelhorn + Piano) accompanied by a cello. On this album, recorded in Ireland, they play Irish tunes, shanties and more, delicously jazzified. Those Wasserfuhrs are cool, they brew their own beer and sell it on their concerts. Jazz at it‘s best, not only the music but the whole savoir-vivre. :sunglasses:
Robin

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Double-bass, chitarra, trumpet/flügelhorn merging to a mysterious nocturnal sound. Great to listen to, especially when the sun is shining.
Robin

2 Likes

We heard them play in the Laeiszhalle in Hamburg: Till Brönner, one of Germany‘s best trumpet players and Dieter Ilg, definitely Europe‘s best bass player. No drums, no piano, no whatever. Dieter said, our music is like a house with only a basement and a roof and nothing in between. Perhaps he was right, but we missed - nothing. It was a fantastic jazz night.
Robin

2 Likes

This two CD set is on Qobuz and I think on Spotify. This is a compilation from John’s Guitar Nights. Playing by Pete Bernstein, Anthony Wilson, Ted Greene, George Van Eps and others is excellent. Sonic quality on Q is too.

1 Like

Just released on qobuz , great recording of great standards.

2 Likes

Excellent musicians and they have tons of fun while playing. You must have a heart of stone if their music doesn‘t drag you along.

1 Like

The audiophile guru Giulio Cesare Ricci (founder of the fonè label) once acquired a bunch of recordings of the late other audiophile guru David Manley and brought them to market. 1992 Manley had produced an album with Karen Knowles (The Seekers): Moonglow. It‘s one of my all time favorites, it is absolutely perfect in any way, and each time I listen to Karen‘s enchanting voice and her accompanists’ effortless but heart-striking music I feel lifted away from my chair and drawn into David Manley‘s California studio. There‘s hardly another album of such magnificent audiophile quality. Close your eyes and you can easily see every single instrument in front of you. This is a masterly piece of jewellery.
And such a beautiful music.

2 Likes

Deserve your attention.

OMG, what a voice! What a vitality! She‘s the real Supergirl - and no Kryptonite around.

2 Likes

Genius meets good temper. I’m sitting in my comfort chair, listening to those best-humoured White Old Men®️ and the smile on my face keeps growing brighter and brighter. Never had I believed that Scandinavian music could be that cheerful. This album made my day, no more room for black thoughts.

2 Likes

Was just listening this one last night :smile:

2 Likes

An excellent choice :blush:

1 Like

Today’s Valentines best … :gift_heart:

1 Like