Message Says G1 registered to another person!

Setting up Lightning app and it finds my G1, Do you want to activate this device, Yes. Then:
Selected Device (my device ID) has been activated and registered by grec1199@icloud.com. Do you want to us to send a request to reactivate it? Yes. Then:
We sent your request to the previous owner of this device. This device will be activated after the previous owner has confirmed your request.

What is this about??? Purchased this unit new from Audio Advisor and week ago.

Setting up Lightning app and it finds my G1, Do you want to activate this device, Yes. Then:
Selected Device (my device ID) has been activated and registered by grec1199@icloud.com. Do you want to us to send a request to reactivate it? Yes. Then:
We sent your request to the previous owner of this device. This device will be activated after the previous owner has confirmed your request.

What is this about??? Purchased this unit new from Audio Advisor and week ago.

Your question should be addressed to your supplier.

The unit may have been lent out on demonstration. The person borrowing it may have registered it to switch off reminders in Lightning DS. It wouldn’t be the first time.

You are entitled to an explanation.

Maybe Auralic can reset it with the serial number.

Sounds like you got a unit that was used…regardless of used how long…it was used. Get a partial refund and start over with a factory reset . or just send it back and get a new one.

Talk to the dealer. It is not ok to sell demo units as new !
Br
Jan