Losing connection on WiFi Aries 5.1

Hi,

I have the regular firmware version replaced by the beta 5.1 version. With the regular version I could get the library with no option installed. Getting error messages “No device” or “the IP address of the network folder is changed”. So I am back at the beta version 5.1 of the firmware. This version is ultimately much more stable.

Kind regards.

0 Likes

Hi guys:

We just located the bug inside FW 5.1 and it is only related to devices using WiFi module 7260HMW, so ARIES MINI, POLARIS are not affected. Our engineer is working on it now.

2 Likes

Hi,

That’s great News. Congratulation!

Kind regards

Jan

0 Likes

Good news ! Our references were therefore justified.

Kind regards
maasi

0 Likes

Altair Stuck on "Starting..." Every Time

Hi,

Is there a solution in sight for the Wi-fi problem?

Kind regards,

Jan

1 Like

Hello Jacs
Did you connect direct from powerline to Altair? I did connect powerline to anotrher AP router and connect Ethernet from router to Altair.

0 Likes

Even easier you can check the version of your wireless card in lightning DS in Settings --> Lightning Device --> Your Device name --> Wifi Version

Or on the sticker under the Aries :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Any info on when there is a fix available?I had to return to an ethernet cable for now.

As far as I see the Aries has a problem when it sees many SSIDs. And instead of being able to see them as one single SSID and stay connected, I have a feeling it tries to renegotiate time and time again until the connection drops. In my case with a Netgear Orbi with one satellite the Aries will see two 5GHz and two 2.4GHz networks with the same SSID. I cannot lock it to the best 5GHz network which I would prefer.

0 Likes

Hi Xuanqiuan,

When can we expected a solution for the Wi-fi problem?

Kind regards,

Jan

1 Like

We are testing various of different drivers now, and I would expect it to be out in Sep.

1 Like

I am using the Airies with 4.1 firmware and now am experiencing wifi loss on an hourly basis. I’ve done al the usual troubleshooting protocols. No success. How will I know when the fix has been instituted.? Will you be sending out a firmware revision? Will it be automatic or do I have to check this thread every day? I’d appreciate any help you can provide.

1 Like

Hi, what strikes me is that the Aries remains connected when you listen to radio stations. The connection to the Aries get lost when you listen music through the NAS. The Aries lose always first the contact with the music on the NAS and then the connection with the iPad. It makes no different if the NAS is wireless or wired connected to the network.

Kind regards

Jan

0 Likes

Hi Xuanqian,

Is there any news about the WiFi problem?

Kind regards,

Jan

1 Like

I am having the exact same problems described above and haven’t found a solution. I’m using the latest version of the firmware (not the Beta): 4.1. Only ethernet/wired connection works for me (although I still need to re-start my Aries LE every hour or so). How can one revert to a previous firmware? I have the latest official one, the one they automatically update when you install the device (not beta). Thanks! I hope we have a quick solution to this problem that has been going on for over a month.

0 Likes

Any update on the Wi-Fi problem with the Aries LE? The device is now useless, as I can’t listen to any music: the music plays for about 20 seconds, stops, and starts from the beginning. Sometimes it works for more than a song, but often it just gets stuck. The player also gets disconnected regularly. I’m using the NON-Beta version of the firmware: 4.1.

0 Likes

@Xuanqian I have version 4.1 and have the same problem with Aries LE: unreliable wi-fi connection that stops constantly (every 5 minutes or so) or stops and goes back to the beginning of the song. I now have a product that has become unusable.

0 Likes

Hi Xuanqian,

Usually the music stops playing right before the end of a song. Now I play mostly WAV files. So, it takes perhaps too long to the next song the player is ready to convert. With as a result that the Aries the connection lose with the NAS /network.

Kind regards

Jan

1 Like

I also find very hard on aries. Already use wired connection, still cannot detect the drive. Always say cannot find the drive. Quite disappointed on it. It like brother above, sometime need to do 30mins only can enjoy the music. Why the solftware so unstable?

0 Likes

Merge this topic to:

0 Likes

closed #35
0 Likes