Interested in an Auralic Vega G2

Tomorrow I will go to my local Auralic dealer to audition an Auralic Vega G2 at home for a week. At the moment I’m streaming with a PS Audio DS DAC with Bridge II. I also built a powerful silent server with Roon. This server has 2 lan ports, so I will have a direct lan-connection between the Roon server and the Vega G2. The reason I may be selling my PS Audio is that it takes to long to fix a couple of issues: ticks during DSD playback, ticks on the start and end of DSD tracks and the long ramp up introduced with OS Snowmass. A lot of problems are related to Bridge II. Should I expect a ticks and pops free experience with the Vega G2?

I think you are in for a real treat. Keep us posted and enjoy. The G2 is a World Class product. Loving mine as a stand alone and no looking back.

VEGA G2 should work quite nicely without pop noise if it runs as RoonReady endpoint. The only thing I am not quite sure is if it is possible to run VEGA G2 with Ethernet directly connecting to the Roon server. Normally it has to go through a home network (connect to a switch/router).

It worked for the PS Audio. The dual lan-connection works in bridge mode. Can I set a fixed ip-address for the Vega G2?

Yes, it can be done via web control interface, you can disable DHCP then it will allows you to put IP address manually, you also need to input gateway and DNS otherwise it wont work.

@Xuanqian: thank you!

Unfortunately no Vega G2 this weekend. The Dutch (BeNeLux) distributor promised the G2 to another dealer, so I’ll have to wait…

That’s interesting. We have no VEGA G2 backorder from Dutch distributor so far. We will need to check with them…

I got a message from my dealer that the Vega G2 will become available in a couple of days. Exciting news! Are there people that already compared the sound quality of the Vega G2 to the PS Audio DirectStream DAC?

Finally, I have a demo Vega G2 at home! The next 14 days I will do a lot of listening to decide if I trade my PS Audio DS DAC for a Vega G2. No network issues. The G2 plays nicely directly connected with the second lan port of my silent server (Nordost Heimdall 2 ethernet cable). The only issue at the moment is humming noise when I connect the G2 to a PS Audio P5 power regenerator. When I connect the G2 to a regular outlet, I do not get the humming noise. All my other equipment is silent. Any suggestions?

Yes…get rid of the P5

1 Like

I decided to sell my PS Audio DS DAC and ordered a Vega G2. Unfortunately, due to more empty promises by the distributor I’m still waiting for the Vega G2. At first the distributor told my dealer that they have one in stock. Not true. Checking your inventory isn’t exactly rocket science, is it? No problem, it will be here this week, but now it’s already Saturday and still radio silence… I don’t mind waiting, but I’m fed up with these empty promises by the distributor. My dealer of course depends on the distributor so he doesn’t make any statements to me anymore. How hard can it be in times of track and trace to give an accurate time of arrival?

Hi:

Which country are you living in?

I’m living in The Netherlands.

Sorry about this frustration.

Thanks for your reply. I’m confused. I asked my dealer again about the status of my order and the distibutor told my dealer that they expect a large shipment soon. However, they didn’t receive a definitive time of arrival for this shipment from Auralic. Maybe you can clarify the situation. For now I still be patient and wait for new information from my dealer. Thanks again for your help.

I would take @Xuanqian up on his offer. Why would you even hesitate?

Auralic Vega G2 in the house! Yesterday my dealer brought a brand new Vega G2 and together we installed the G2 in my system. It’s warming up now. I sold my PS Audio more than a month ago and since then I listened to a Bluesound Node. Ready for the Auralic experience. More later …

Hi there!

Any news about your experience with Vega G2. I am curious about it. Thanks!

Sorry the OP hasn’t replied. Owning the Vega G2 can and will take ones attention from audio forums and get you listening a lot more. The G2 is a monster of a player and since I received mine there’s no looking back or searching for that “sound” for it’s in the house. Sure there are a couple simple tweaks that put it over the edge but first things first. Get yourself a monster. Your ears will thank you.

People, please be patient. I said my Vega G2 is warming up/breaking in, so (also depending on your timezone) it takes time to respond.

I didn’t like my PS Audio DirectStream anymore, mostly because of Bridge II. New firmware came out, but with a lot of pops and ticks during PCM/DSD transitions and during DSD playback. With the latest firmware from PS Audio it changed for the better, but then I already decided to switch to Auralic. At first I wanted to replace the Bridge II by an Aries I/II and still use the DSD DAC, but then I would still be limited tot 24/192 and DSD128. Later I decided to go for the Vega G2.

The Vega G2 is less laid back (boring?) than the DSD DAC. The soundstage is wider and deeper and ambient/electronic music (e.g. Connect.Ohm) sounds fantastic! There’s a lot going on outside the speakers. Also in my system (Krell/Magnepan) it’s like there is some more " pressure" in the lower frequencies. Bass is deep and tight. Lots of detail! Also the placement of (female) vocals (e.g. Aurora, Holly Cole, Anna Ternheim) in the 3D sound image gives me goose bumps. For me the key word is “involvement”. In The Netherlands the PS Audio DSD DAC is more expensive than the Vega G2, but I do not have regrets and there is no looking back. The Vega G2 sounds insane and is indeed a monster!