[FIXED IN FW 6.2] G1, Songs stop at different places and then played from the beginning

Hi,
i have a strange problem with my Aries G1. Sometimes (1 to 3x in an album) a played song suddenly stops and less than 1 second later the same song was played from the beginning. This is wery annoying.

I made a video and i could see, that the elapsed time was counting up to 2:59 and than freezes, but the song was playing for another 9 seconds. Than i saw an elapsed time of 3:08 for maybe 0.2 seconds and at the same moment the song begins from 0:00. In this time period from showing this 3:08 to the new playback of the song, the connection to the USB-DAC is also lost.

This is not happen in every song or at the same time. Is there anything i can do ? I tried the 5.7 and also the last beta.

Best regards
Andreas

It sounds like ARIES G1 is struggling with a slow network connection so the internal software keep rebooting. Anything you can share about your network setup?

Hi Xuanqian,

I can confirm the issue described by Stanko3. Since a few months this problem also occurs with me. My network is very good. Fortunately, it happens very rarely, but I didn’t have this problem before. It has nothing to do with the FW 6.0 beta, but at least occurred with the FW 5.7 (maybe even earlier, I didn’t pay much attention to it in the beginning). It also has nothing to do with a certain device, because it already appeared on my Mini, Altair and G2.

Even if it happens rarely, Auralic should analyze the issue.

Kind regards
maasi

Hi Xuanqian,

the G1 was connected by a wireless connection to my “Fritzbox” Router. The network-speed should be high enough, but let me also try the LAN-Cable connection. I will post the results today.

Kind regards
Andreas

Same problem here. It stopped when I connected with a CAT 7 wire.

I talked with our software engineer, the reason the song playing suddenly stopped and restart is because the internal software which in charge of playback quit unexpectedly. It can be either this software crashed or it has been stopped by other software.

In both cases after the playback software quit, we have a watchdog thread which will restart it, since the quit was unexpected, it will start to play from the beginning of the track it played previously immediate.

It is hard to tell the reason of crash but we have a machine in our office always keep playing with log record, we dont really find crash just by software error since long time.

The reason I think maybe is the network, if the network monitor thread detected a network interrupt then reconnect, it will reboot every single software inside the machine to ensure every thread is up to date. I think what we can do is to future improve this feature but not restart from the beginning of the track but exact same second after reboot. However we do have to keep the reboot process in order to get every thread inside the machine to work properly.

Hi Xuanqian,
thanks for your help. It seems to be the WLAN connection. After connecting the G1 with an ethernet cable, there are no problems anymore. So i let the cable-connection or modify my WLAN settings.

kind regards
Andreas

Hi Xuanqian,

the issue still existist. It doesn’t happen much to me, but it hasn’t stopped yet. As I have already written, my network and Wifi are very good.

Is there any connection/context with this topic? > 5-GHz-Band issues due to check for higher-priority users

I have a Fritzbox 7490 and use the 5 Ghz band with my Aries G2 and Altair.

Best regards
maasi

Maasi,

like I quoted from the avm helpfile in the other thread: “You can prevent the DFS wait time and a forced channel change by selecting in the FRITZ!Box a channel for the 5-GHz frequency band that does not use DFS (channels 36, 40, 44, 48).”

So, I encourage you to try out one of the channels specified in brackets above, preferably after checking that they don‘t interfere with other WLANs in your neighborhood. This might solve your problem.

Robin

P.S. Im not sure if possibly this issue effects only European users due to European laws and won‘t occur in other regions?

We know it still existing and the we are going to do some change in June, the solution is that the play may pause for a second then continuous, no longer from the beginning…

:+1:

This problem should have been fixed in firmware 6.1.2.