I am in the process of building a new tower of components and my wish is to have the Vega G2 at the center of everything. I have a lot of different questions about setting up.
- From reading previous posts, it appears as if switching inputs on the Vega isn’t as simple as a simple turn of a dial or switch but that the USB will disable if there is streaming into the Vega. Does this mean that someone has to choose whether to use it as a USB dac or as a streamer/network.
- I love the NAIM CD ripper/streamer combo with it’s dac, it was clear to me that it sounded better than internet streamed lossless via the coaxial, and i’m Wondering if there is a way to replicate that experience with the Vega, using, for example, a BlueSound Vault 2i as a roon core connected coaxial to the Vega 2. (A simpler option would be putting a lot of files into a drive and connecting it with the Aries mini but that’s sold out right now). Would the bluesound get along with the Vega? Could roon run with two “cores.”
- would it be better to rip into a NAS or external drive connected to my router? If i’m Running windows 10, what would i need to do to make that work?
- I have an external drive with several hundred CDs on WAV, what is the best way of accessing it?
- My computer already is overwhelmed with photos and music for my iTunes, so ripping again on FLAC or WAV would need to take place on another drive. My existing NAS is 10 years old and on it’s last legs, so if i have to replace it I’m fine with that.