Booklets in Lightning DS 5.4

Hi,

I have just installed Lightning DS 5.4. You can now display a pdf booklet stored by the music files. Is there a site where you can download the booklets?

Kind regards,

Jan

I don’t know, where to find booklets.

But how do you display booklet?

Hi,

After you has copy the booklet.pdf file into your music directory the boomarker icoon appears.

afbeelding

See the screenshots. As an example, I have added info from Wikipedia.

Kind regards.

Jan

Thank you.
I don’t have the possibility to choose…
Kind regards,
Jørn

Am I missing anything to do?
I have a few booklet.pdf e.g: Nas\flac\B\Baez\Whistle Down the Wind (2018)\booklet.pdf
Kind regards

Hi,

The booklet file must be in the same directory as the cover file.

Kind regards

Jan

Hi Jan.

It is so.

In this directory: Nas\flac\B\Baez\Whistle Down the Wind (2018)\booklet.pdf, I have all the flac-files from the album and Cover.jpg and back.jpg from the album…

Don’t know what is wrong.

I have looked forward for this utility to come but right now I have no luck.

Kind regards,
Jørn

Hi,

Dit you rescan your library?

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi again.

Yes I did, twice.

Don’t know if this means anything but after upgrading to DS 5.4 I don’t get the message that the library was scanned successfully when it ends scanning…

Same thing, Booklet.pdf in the album folder (with Folder.jpg) and i can not see the pictures for reading the PDF.

Update : I delete the cache and now it works.

Is it possible to use a slide to left or right to change page instead of a vertical slide ? It will look like more like a real book.

But good job, it’s a nice integration coz you do not need to open an another application and switch back to LDS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very, very much!
That was the solution:grinning:
Very nice feature.
Kind regards

If you don’t have, or a booklet not exist, you can make your own “booklet”, e.g scan backside cover of your CD then open it in e.g IrfanView and then save it as “booklet.pdf”.
You can also “build” your own booklet in Word and then save it as “booklet.pdf”.

Now you have a backside cover or information-booklet in Lightning DS!

Very cool feature!