Auralic Vega G1 'Viva Vega' - Hifi + Review

Please see our latest review of the Auralic Vega G1 Streaming DAC which features on the front cover of the latest issue of Hifi+ magazine.

’ This has a very high-grade sound. On first listen, you quickly realise you are in the presence of something really, really good. The G1 manages to combine the inherently musical aspects of many really great streamers with the kind of detail and dynamic range that sets the best apart from the merely good.

’ If I were one of the big names in this field, I’d be worried about this product. Worried not just because it’s got a great spec, but more because it actually sounds really good.’

‘To a certain extent AURALiC cut its teeth in the personal audio space, so perhaps it’s no surprise the VEGA G1 has an excellent headphone section, but perhaps what makes it so good is how well balanced and how well it tracks the sound quality through the line level outputs. Like those outputs, the VEGA G1’s headphone stage is dynamic, clean, detailed, and possessed of excellent bass; deep: powerful, pacey, and meaty’

’ The VEGA G1 is an ideal network streaming device that puts many really good rival products to shame. It’s extremely well built, sounds exceptionally good, and plays nice with most products it’s likely to be hooked to. I started this investigation to see what all the fuss was about, and now I’m reading from the AURALiC Fanatic’s Handbook. The company really does live up to the hype, as anyone who gives the VEGA (G2 or G1) a serious listen will attest. In fact, they might well say one of the notes I made while listening to the AURALiC VEGA G1 – Bloody hell… this thing’s good!

Hi: Can we have the review rather than just the cover? Thanks!

Sure, here it is

Nice complimentary review. Its the first time I’ve heard anything mentioned about the headphone output on either G1 or G2. I wonder however, how it compared to the headphone output on the Hugo 2.