I’ve tried two Auralic Aries Mini’s now and both output periodic distortion noises when in Wired mode.
This happens even when no ethernet cable is attached. It just has to be in wired mode and plugged into an amplifier with the Analogue out (not tried digital)
- Changing the volume does not increase the loudness of the noise
- I’ve tried two different amps (Pro-ject amp box s2 and Auralic Polaris)
- I’ve tried into two different speakers (ceiling speakers and Neat IOTA Xplorers)
- I’ve tried different power sockets
- I’ve tried different interconnects
Any ideas what could be causing this? I’ve got a third Mini on the way. I’ve made a bit of a shoddy video:
…switching to Wireless fixes the problem, but I can’t use Wireless in this case, as the units will be hidden away in a cupboard.