I got the 6.2.1 firmware update on 2/9 and notice my library does not get updated anymore according to the daily preset schedule. I tried a manual update from the browser and from within LDS app but the index in LDS doesn’t get updated anymore. It stays stuck on the last update from the night before the firmware’s update. I restarted the Mini, deleted the library and rebuilt it but it does not get updated afterwards. Actually the update on the Mini side goes through until it ends without blockage however the LDS app does not pick up the changes (the usual blue line on top of LDS does not trigger anymore when I open up the app). Am I the not one here ? Any clues about what else I should try ? Cheers
CI had two issues following 6.2.1 update, lost content under some of the Radio sections, sorted that by just going in and out of Radio until the affected sections started to populate again.
Regarding the Music section, noticed after adding an album it still would not show even after running “Re-Scan All Paths”. Think I saw the blue update library bar at top and definitely got the pop up saying the scan was successful, but no new content.
Tried “Erase Lightning Server Index” under Additional Operations and “Clear Cache” under Lightning Server, nothing seemed to work.
In the end I some how deleted the Library or done something to allow me to “Setup up a New Library”, this showed a different scan, a thin bar going across the screen as it searched the drive. After that I was able to get the added content showing again.
I believe the type of search or index that’s carried out when you add a new Library was responsible for sorting my issue, but others might comment further on that.
Anyhow, realise my update issue isn’t exactly what you are experiencing but there are some similarities, so hope some of this helps.
Hello SiHancox, tnx for the feedback. I reset the Mini, rebuilt the library and it everything is back to normal again. Sometimes we must take extreme measures Anyway, I’m good now.
Glad you got it sorted, I definitely didn’t have to resort to resetting the Mini though, but will remember that if something like this crops up again.
So it sounds to me like some database compatibility changes between 5.8 and 6.2.1. I had the same behavior (additions to music library not showing up after a re-scan when I upgraded my Mini to 6.2.1). I couldn’t get it resolved with any of the reset functions (e.g. Library Setup -> 'Erase Lightning Server Index", etc…). Got frustrated, so I turned off the Beta flag and went back to 5.8 firmware and re-scans are now working again. I didn’t want to waste anymore time on this issue.
Not sure if this is specific to Mini hardware, but it seems at this point if I update to 6.x firmware again, I’ll have to delete the music library (i.e. “Delete Path” ). Then use the “Setup up a New Library” function to rebuild the music library database again for the music files on my internal SSD.
I can’t really remember exactly what finally worked for me, but think I just decided to “Set Up A New Library”, not sure about deleting existing one first though (does that matter?).
But there again, I’m still learning so could of clicked on anything! I only have about 6800 files which is less than 500 albums so the rebuild/indexing only took a minute or so, may be due the internal ssd being fairly nippy.
The update after that has remained trouble free and certainly appears as stable as 5.8
I’m a Mini owner at release firmware 5.8. From reading this thread, it appears to me if I decide to upgrade to 6.2.x via the beta flag, I would need to re-add (via Settings->Music Library->Add Music Library) my existing music library on my internal SSD. This would rebuilt my existing music database, as there seems to be an incompatibility between 5.8 and 6.2.x. If I don’t do this, when adding new or changed music files, the ‘rescan’ function won’t pick up the changes. Maybe Auralic support can verify this.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.