Aries Femto showing up an empty folder

I have the 1st time very strange behavior. I have uploaded to my NAS (Synology DS16play) one album with .dsf files. After this rescanned all paths, but the folder shows empty.
When I look at the folder from my Mac or from the Synology file manager, all the files in dsf format are still there.
Somebody has similar behavior?

Can you play the files on your Mac using something like VLC? Try to confirm that files are not corrupted, Aries is not seeing them as music files.

Hi Robert,
Yes, I can. I tried this yesterday and VLC and VOX are playing them. I will delete the files and re-add them again.
Regards
Stefan

This is a strange one. Sorry but the only other suggestion I have is to make sure that all of the tags/metadata are valid. If the files play on other players, then it is not obvious why Lightning Server is not recognizing them.

1 Like

Hi Robert,

I think you are right. I checked the album with the Music Tag editor and found out that 3 tracks has had different meta tags. Repaired then manually and now is ok.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Stefan

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

Your findings after re-editing Metadata appear to tie up with how Xuanqian was trying to explaining how it all worked in another post.

https://community.auralic.com/t/lightning-ds-file-structure/5304/10?u=sihancox

If I understand correctly, missing files or incorrect information is down to lack of or missing metadata, because Lightning Server (DLNA software) looks for Metadata and not file or folder names, that info (from the DLNA Server) gets passed to Lightning DS.

In other words LDS acts as a “remote control” to communicate with Lightning Server which is the software in the device that looks at your files and folders.

Think I’ve got that right, but it’s taken a while to get my head around this, so if I haven’t interpreted correctly I’m sure someone will enlighten me.

Hi SiHancox,
Thank you! It is correct. I never knew this, but now i am pretty sure.
Regards,

Stefan

Stefan, glad you worked it out. I always makes sure that my tagging & metadata is accurate & complete before adding to my music library. It can be very frustrating when things don’t work as expected.

Yes, you are right.
It is. Especially when you pay a lot of money for HD music and it doesn’t work.

1 Like