6.0 firmware EQ interface

Hi guys:

Here is the interface we are going to add to 6.0 firmware, the new features are parametric EQ and speaker placement compensation. See attached screen sh0ots. Please feel free to give us feedbacks.

The ARIES (including ARIES LE), ALTAIR and POLARIS will support 5 band EQ effect (for now), ARIES G1/G2 will support 20 bands EQ effect while VEGA G1/G2, due to no processor engine, will not support EQ and placement compensation feature. The ARIES MINI, as we have advertised at the product launch, will not support EQ and placement compensation as well.

Nice!!

Fantastic!!! Question: will there be a (short) manual how to use this function wisely?

It looks very promising but what with upcoming Sirius G2 - will be another posibilities of course connected with processing not upsampling what is obvious?

Sirius will be totally different thing, all processing will be light years advanced in precision and sound quality.

Very good idea!
I am more or less a hifi purist but I think that this will be useful for many people. And not only. Sometimes to check the sound “impurities” coming from room and or furnitures etc is impossible for the normal listener like me. And if this kind of help is integrated in the system, is much better.
Congrats!

Is this room correction as such that might involve measuring the room, or more of an equaliser that we will adjust by ear?

The measurement is done using a calibration microphone and software, like REW. The software will measure your room acoustic and generate EQ parameters then you can put those number into streaming device setting.

Looks excellent. Looking forward to trying this.

Is the equalizer available only for the DAC funtion, or will be available also for USB or SPDIF numeric output ?

Very cool! …but disappointed it’s not coming to the Mini :frowning:

Is it a ‘spec’s issue’ or a choice?

Hi, When will 6.0 be released please?

Looks great - looking forward to check it out. When will the beta be out for us beta-testers ?
Br,
Jan

It is for all outputs

ARIES MINI was promoted as entry level product, we especially explained at product launch event that it wont have any advanced feature due to hardware limitation (much less system memory)

What about Aries Femto.
Do you think we will get new (final, not beta) firmware?

Hey Xuanqian! I understand you’re point of view. However, in my experience the Mini is a very serious audio streamer whit a Sbooster + Ultra module power plant upgrade!
For example whit a Sbooster the Mini scores higher than a Moon NEO 260D DSD in terms of sound quality according to Alpha Audio.
Whit the upgrade the sound is really excellent :ok_hand:

Maybe fun to know? :wink:

(Klankbalans = Sound balance
Geluidsbeeld = Sound image)

We will have to use a calibration microphone on the usb input ? Can you advise us about that microphone in order to purchase the right (compliant) one ? Thanks

You’ll have to use a program like REW, on your PC with a calibrated microphone like a UMIK, that’s what Xuanqian said earlier !

Yes, you will need to use REW or some software to measure the room then generate calibration EQ.

I think use of REQ will require a lot of skill and please remember you should never ever boost your bass dip or you are risking in burn out your woofer.

Here is a measurement of AURALiC’s RMAF room (7024) acoustic:

We ended up not using any room EQ because the room measures pretty well except for the big dip around 48Hz which there is no magic to cure it. Also the EQ will somehow affect the sound quality so it does not worth it. Don’t think that you can can add 20dB boost on 48Hz to flat the curve, you woofer will be dead in minutes…